306,000+ visitors in 10 days
at the Sharjah Children’s Reading Festival, Dubai.
A cultural celebration attracting not only children but extending the joy of learning to parents and adults in a family-friendly atmosphere.
SCRF is held annually under the directives of His Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, the UAE Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, and the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Jawaher Bint Muhammad Al Qasimi.
TouringExhibition.co.uk is the home base of The Museum of Movie Magic, part of the IDEAS group. We have curated a range of amazing, accessible pop culture-themed exhibition titles, with mass appeal to family audiences looking for a great day out. Our exhibitions can tour anywhere in the UK or overseas.
Our incredible range of exhibitions-for-hire feature exceptional iconic objects drawn from our vast private collection of movie props and costumes. The exhibitions can sit at the heart of a range of themed narratives, from science to contemporary cultural heritage. With objects representing diverse academic, cultural, art and design disciplines, these spectacular collections highlight the central role that props and costumes play in cinema storytelling.
Our exhibitions have been designed to easily tie in with educational themes, as an attractor for an existing collection or as a spectacular, stand-alone exhibition.
Everything you need for an outstanding, educational, engaging and successful temporary exhibition is included within our low-cost exhibition hire package. The loan package includes:
- Display plinths and cases
- Promotional package with customisable promotional posters, flyers and press ads
- Tested bolt-on educational workshops and event ideas
- Press release materials
- Themed retail merchandise
Our portfolio of touring exhibition for hire includes:
- ALIEN INVASION: Creatures, costumes and original, screen-used and replica props from everyone’s favourite movies, together for the first time ever in one touring exhibition.
- SCI-FI MOVIE COSTUMES: one of the largest assembled collections of Sci-fi costumes in the UK.
- ROBOT: awe-inspiring life-size robots, cyborgs and androids from TV and the movies.
- CELEBRITY: personal belongings from the world of show-biz and other items touched by fame.
- ANOTHER WORLD: Inclusive, diverse, educational and inspirational touring exhibition and a great learning resource platform, it has been hailed as as one of the most compelling touring exhibitions in the UK.
- DOODLES: original artworks by well known artists and other individuals of celebrity status.
All our touring exhibitions include museum labels and information panels. The display units are easily installed and are adaptable to fit any size and type of venue or public space, from museums to shopping malls. We also offer a full design and install service where required.
Our curated collection of iconic movie costumes and props can tour anywhere in the UK and around the world. Large and enthusiastic audiences have visited our exhibitions at museums and galleries from Edinburgh, Scotland to Warrnambool, Australia, experiencing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to connect to unforgettable and beloved characters. The exhibitions engage and inspire audiences and offer significant benefits in terms of visitor numbers, income and ongoing interest for the venues and organisations hosting them.
Our exhibitions boost numbers and income for galleries and museums as well as the broader local economy. The beachside town of Warrnambool received an injection of over a million dollars when people came from far and wide to see, first-hand, a collection of props and costumes from their favourite Science Fiction movies.
If you have a gallery, museum or event in need of a dramatic splash, we have exciting, amazing and educational collections for you to augment and underpin your existing activities.
Benefits of our touring exhibitions
- Our exhibits are vibrant, up-to-date and enormously popular; be prepared for a huge increase in entry numbers (primary sales).
- All those visitors lead to an increase in secondary sales, through food outlets, merchandise, other attractions and support learning activities.
- Sales benefits come at reduced costs, as there are no development costs, the planning is super-low on the hassle scale and the price of dry hire is low.
- Marketing budgets are also lower; self-perpetuating exhibition themes attract lots of publicity and press interest at no cost.
- Our exhibitions help you to achieve targets and funding criteria. In the past, venues have exceeded their yearly visitor targets in only a few weeks (see Alien Invasion for details)
- Capture the public’s imagination, and generate and sustain interest in your existing static collections. Happy visitors mean increased customer loyalty – visitor numbers will remain high long after our event.
- Our exhibitions can create an enhanced visitor experience, with opportunities for interactive events, workshops, guest appearances and tested bolt-on event ideas.
- Given the pop-culture nature of the exhibitions, Celebrity Association is a possibility that will draw the attention of the press and the public.
Need a purpose-built exhibition?
If you need a specialised display, we can work with you to make it happen. Contact as with your brief and we will use our 30-odd years of experience in designing successful exhibitions to make the most of your available budget. We may also be able to help secure funding or sponsorship.
Need a made-to-order prop?
For monsters, aliens, space ships, time machines, robots, ray guns and other props built to order see COMPLETE FABRICATION (Turn your sound up!)
Disposing of your collection?
We are always interested in acquiring new exhibits. Call or email us with details if you are downsizing, creating space or would like to generate funds by disposing of any part of your collection.